Happy #WorkoutWednesday to you all!!!
My intention behind this series is to show you how I'm incorporating fitness into my daily life while still living my life as a busy mom. I feel like I'm doing something right because every time my daughter sees me in my workout clothes she either asks if I'm going to workout (and I can actually say YES!) or she asks to workout with me. I was super proud of myself and her the first time she asked to workout with me. So I encourage all of you other busy moms, workout while your children are around so they see it can be fun and easy to fit in to your life.
Sometimes full blown workouts just don't happen. Either your day is too full, you overslept or you just don't feel like it - I've been there. But that doesn't mean your day has to be a total bust. Here are my tips on squeezing some extra exercise into your normal day.
Squeeze in Exercise
- Always take the stairs instead of the elevator. Take the stairs two at a time for a little extra burn.
- Park far away from the door so you have farther to walk to get inside.
- Plank for 1 minute each day (we ALL have 1 minute!).
- Do squats, lunges or sit ups while watching tv.
- While cooking dinner, incorporate leg lifts while standing over the stove (I also like to do this when applying my makeup).
- During playtime with your children, hold them and do squats. Your kids will LOVE it and you will love your legs.
- Go for a 10-15 minute walk on your lunch break.
- Talking on the phone? Squats or lunges can easily be achieved while chatting.
- Anytime during the day, tighten your abdominal muscles for 10 seconds and let out. Repeat as much as you can.